Branch Manager Job
Date: Apr 27, 2013
Location: Columbia, SC, US
Job Title:Branch Manager
Business Unit:The Personal Advisors Group
Eligible for Relocation:N
License:SERIES24 / SERIES63 / SERIES65 / SERIES66 / SERIES7 / SERIES9
Focused on people, not just our bottom line.
Here, you'll be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions. You'll work with other talented people who share your passion for doing great work that's in the best interest of our clients. And you'll have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office
- and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a company that cares, put a rewarding career more within reach at Ameriprise Financial.
* Drive profitable growth within an office; support a large geography with strong market potential by creating a compelling business plan emphasizing profitable growth through effective management of P&L, implementing sound strategy and growth through advisor acquisition, retention, tenure and productivity; driving revenue and asset growth; effectively prioritizing the opportunities of the site; optimizing resources within the office; effectively managing recruiting pipeline with quality EAR (Experienced Advisor Recruit) candidates.
* Develop personal book of business and drive personal practice. Facilitate effective sales meetings and holding workplace/corporate seminars. Service the client: analyzing client cases and providing a broad set of product solutions.
* Drive growth in number of overall office Assets Under Management (AUM), High Value Clients (HVC) acquired and number of clients. Effectively lead advisors and staff within an office. Support a large geography with strong market potential. Assist in the development/training of advisors core skills of: high value client acquisition including referral, implementing a financial planning practice, driving sales implementation with clients.
* Drive profitable growth and results for own branch through prudent expense management (P&L) and investments in key business strategies. Provide targeted focus and resources on opportunities with highest potential. Work with CD or RVP to develop ongoing business planning and development for branch through both organic and inorganic strategies. Develop local programs to support client acquisition-leveraging corporate support.
* Responsible for supervision of all sales activities of registered personnel assigned to him/her; ensure sales activities are appropriate based on client objectives, goals, risk tolerance, etc. and adequate disclosure was provided. Ensure employees fulfill applicable licensing, registration and compliance requirements; adhere to firm's policies and procedures and conduct business in an ethical manner; maintain records in accordance with FINRA, NYSE and other applicable regulations.
* Coordinate advisor development opportunities leveraging all available resources to improve client acquisition, financial planning and product implementation skills. Develop understanding of advisors' strengths and weaknesses and create individualized growth plans that support client acquisition, asset gathering and product implementation. Line of site to external environment and strong awareness of local and national competitors.
* Develop localized recruiting strategy (including EAR, practice acquisition and Targeted Career Changer (TCC)) based on in-depth region knowledge, market conditions and performance of the competition. Manage recruiting pipeline and drive targeting and selection process across site for EAR candidates. Develop site's unique value proposition and grow overall number of advisors in site utilizing localized recruiting strategies.
* Identify teaming opportunities and drive Teaming strategy across the site, facilitate partnerships between and within highly tenured, senior advisors and less experienced advisors to maximize mentoring, specialization and production opportunities. Identify target practices for acquisition and develop support for transition in partnership with corporate practice acquisition group. Train and develop advisors emphasizing our unique Dream>Plan>Track strategy.
* Quarterly Periodic Business Reviews with CD, RVP and Regional Sales Director (Advisor Business Development Group). Bi-weekly results review with CD (key metrics, high potential advisors, etc). Weekly to bi-weekly 1:1s with advisors in branch. Monthly reviews with branch support staff.
* College Degree, MBA Preferred
* 5+ yrs experience
* FINRA Series 7, 24, 63/66, 65/66 and 9/10 required
* Maintain the appropriate principal registrations to supervise sales of all products available.
* Maintain the appropriate principal registrations to supervise broker dealer operations, training, and marketing/advertising.
* Maintain state securities registrations in resident state, place of business, and states where securities-based compensation is received (Series 63 or 66).
* Maintain an insurance license in resident state, place of business, and states where insurance-based compensation is received.
* Maintain Investment Advisor Representative registration in investment advisor representative states with a place of business (Series 65 or 66).
* MBA Preferred
* CFP Designation
Brokerage, investment and financial advisory services are made available through Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Member FINRA and SIPC. Some products and services may not be available in all jurisdictions or to all clients. Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© 2011 Ameriprise Financial, Inc. All rights reserved.
Nearest Major Market: Columbia
Nearest Secondary Market: South Carolina
Job Segments: Branch Manager, Business Development, Manager, Marketing Manager, Advertising, Management, Sales, Marketing